Tuesday 24 November 2015

Tagine trouble

Goodness! My tagines got me into an altercation with the man who thinks he's the village squire and doesn't like" non Christian" foreigners living in a big detached house.

He complained my tagines were turning the village into "little India" (he'd convinced himself I'm Indian for whatever reason, probably because on Shabbat evening I wear a kaftan, which I'm guessing he confused with a sari).

It was the summer so I'd opened the kitchen windows and he didn't like the aromas.

He was embarrassed though, because I answered the phone and it was my father in law, so automatically said "bonjour".

"Even worse he muttered under his breath, "We've got bloody Indian- French in the village!".

Won him round eventually though (:


No comments:

Post a Comment