Monday 15 September 2014

Scottish portent?

Oy vey, I know.

Scottish independence!!

The biggest political  issue in Britain at present, arguably  the biggest story in Britain. Whilst I'm trying to be a niche here, I feel compelled, moth to candle like to pass some form of comment. So I'm glad I've come across this picture(see below).

Well, it vaguely looks like the UK with Scotland drifting off towards the west. I wonder if this is a portent for Thursday's vote? I think that Scotland would be foolish to vote yes, but I guess we'll have to see how they vote. I also think the rest of the UK should have  had a say on this, but I guess that was never going to happen.

There will be more discussion, whatever the outcome . Vote yes and they'd be a divorce negotiations. Vote no and there will be discussion on the devo max  option Gordon Brown came up with at the last minute. It was an option Cameron refused to put on the ballot.... but that option comes with as much change and constitutional issues as independence does (well almost). Either way, the rest of the UK will get a say once the result is in.




No comments:

Post a Comment