Tuesday 22 July 2014

No More JW encounters?

Oy, apparently- and I have seen this at the train station when I go commuting- the Jehavoah's Witness's are changing tactic to do their 'mission' at train stations.  As people will know from my musings at my brother's blog, I do get a knock on the door every Friday morning from our local JW group. Even though they know we are a Jewish house hold and there is  my Mezuzah celebrating this fact, they STILL want to say hello. This is of course, not because they engage in religious dialogue (that stopped many months ago, because I'm a bit stubborn when it comes to debating theology ), but because

  • I'm the only person in the  village who isn't a JW who didn't slam the door in their faces and debated them. 
  • They like my selection of my FREE  herbal teas and strong Turkish coffee. 

Of course being kind to the stranger was the Jewish thing to do. I think I'm too kind. I will miss the encounters, although it looks like it will be just  the Anglicans trying to sell me a copy of the Parish Magazine from now on ( which is really the way for their Church to make money, which I don't object to , although reading through their lady Vicar's incoherent ramblings over 2 pages to me isn't worth £5 a year).

No comments:

Post a Comment